Sunday, February 27, 2011

Fact Checking Assignment

There was one comment made by Max Keiser that really caught my attention. He stated that banks "purposely create artificial roller coasters in the market." So first I did some background checking on Max Keiser, and from the looks of it he is a reliable source. He is known for being a film-maker, broadcaster, and options broker. His resume includes being the host of on the edge which is a program of news and analysis, also he has his own tv show called Keiser's report. Now when trying to fact checking this statement made by Keiser, I could not find anything specifically. However, I could find an interesting story about banks purposely holding off the market a vast inventory of foreclosed homes found on wallstreetpit.com. The story talks about the fact that "banks that issued the past toxic loans are now purposely creating a housing shortage in order to artificially depress foreclosure numbers and in the process drive up the value of their inventory." This fact makes me believe the statement made by Keiser, and after reading this I have realized the extreme power the banks have.  



No comments:

Post a Comment